Prime Portal is a self-service portal purpose built for Tier 2 CSP resellers.
Feel empowered to sell more and do less by managing your customers software programs in Prime.
Pre-requisites: This documentation assumes that you already have a Partner Admin Center (PAC) tab enabled on your Office 365 tenant for managing your customer tenants as a Tier 2 CSP partner.
Creating a new tenant in Prime
Prime makes creating new customer tenant’s simple – and you won’t forget to make yourself the delegated admin of the tenant within Partner Admin Centre.
- Log into Prime Portal.
- Your existing customers, vendor programs and product breakdown will be displayed. For new partners, the display may differ. Select the ‘Programs Tab’ as pictured.
- Microsoft CSP and SPLA program are not the only programs within the Prime Portal. rhipe have integrated other vendor software programs:
- Trend Micro
- Select 'Create New Tenant'.
- Fill in the end customer’s details and the compulsory primary address field. Click ‘Next’.
- Choose the unique CSP tenant primary domain and specify the tenant’s market segment. Don’t forget to add your customer’s contact details.
- You will receive the tenant’s global administrator credentials via email from firstname.lastname@example.org. You can add available subscriptions under ‘Microsoft CSP’ such as Windows 10, Office 365 and Dynamics 365.
- Login credentials will be sent to the email address you gave.
- In Prime Portal you will be able to see other 3rd party solutions and ‘add-on’s’ that complement the vendor subscription.
- As a CSP partner and your customer’s trusted advisor, you can request ‘delegated admin access’ for customer’s tenant. Log into the Partner Admin Center from Office 365.
- Click the 'Partner Tab'.
- Select 'Build Your Business'.
- Select ‘Request Delegated Admin’ to open a new browser with an automated link.
- Copy the link and log in to your customer’s tenant.
- Paste the copied link from the Partner Center into your customer’s tenant.
- Follow the ‘Sign in’ prompt on the end customer’s tenant. You will be accepted as a delegated admin.
- Sign in.There will be a prompt for the customer to accept you as a delegated admin. The prompt will display your company name.
- Tick agree and click ‘Authorise CSP’ to grant yourself delegated admin rights of the customers tenant.
- rhipe will show as the CSP Admin. Your organisation will be appear as an Advisor. Refresh the page if not displayed.
Now you can directly administer your customer’s tenant, assign licenses and manage their Office 365, Azure or Dynamics 365.
Please contact me if you have any questions.
By Oaker Min (Bruce), CSP Strategy and Enablement, rhipe SEA
T: +65 6809 6180 E: Omin@rhipe.com