rhipe's Bruce Min provides a detailed guide for Transitioning Office 365 to Prime Portal
Prime is a self-service portal built from the ground up with the benefit of Tier 2 CSP resellers/ partners at front of mind. The multi-tenanted and single pane of glass model for managing end customers and other software vendor programs with rhipe empowers partners to sell more, while doing less. This article discusses the transitioning of existing Office 365 end customers across to rhipe's CSP program via a Tier 2 reseller model.
Transitioning an Existing Tenant into Prime
From a partner’s perspective, let’s say you have an end customer who is already using Office 365. Transitioning that customer to the rhipe CSP program is a very simple process. Here are the steps for transitioning your existing O365 customers to Prime:
- Log into www.primeportal.online
2. You will be greeted with an overview of your existing customers and the product breakdown available through the different vendor programs you have with rhipe. As a new partner your screen would be a little different from mine. Click on the 'Programs' rab on the left-hand side of the portal.
3. Besides the Microsoft CSP and SPLA programs, Prime is also integrated with other leading cloud software vendor programs like Veeam, Trend Micro, DocuSign, Sinefa and Skykick. Click on the 'Microsoft CSP' program.
4. You will be greeted with three tabs under Microsoft CSP - Create, Manage and Transition. You will also be able to see the number of customers under the CSP program and the number of Office 365 mailboxes you have within those customer tenants. Create - Provision a new tenant is for end customers who have never had an Office 365 tenant and are net new. Manage - For managing existing customers and Transition - end customers who already have Office 365 but are on a different licensing program and looking make the switch over to CSP. For now, we will go ahead further into transitioning the end customer into Prime.
6. In CSP Tenant Details, there are three categories. Corporate - for commercial and private sector entities and then Academic and Government for firms in the Public Sector. Choose the option accordingly, in this example, I have chosen Corporate and completed the remaining customer’s details. Click 'next'.
7. At this stage, there would be a few notifications sent to you. Plus, yourself, and the end user who has logged into Prime, would have received an email instruction about 'Prime Partner Connect for Tenant Transitioning'. For now, I am skipping adding any subscriptions to this tenant and moving on to the next step.
8. You will now be greeted by a prompt instructing you to get your end customer to log in to the rhipe Prime Portal Connect Website using their global administrator credentials: www.primeportal.online
This is the same link as the one you will have received in your email alerts.
9. As an admin of the end customer, proceed to the rhipe Prime Partner Connect Website using the Partner Connect link. You can also also do this on behalf of your customer, if you are managing your end customer's Office 365.
11. Next, you will be prompted to accept the Directory Connection of your tenant. Click accept to establish it and proceed to Step 12.
13. Once confirmed, you will be greeted with a sign in page to your Admin Center - here you need to accept rhipe as a 'Delegated Admin'. This is a crucial step for transitioning as it enables rhipe to provision Office 365 Licenses from Prime Portal for the end customer.
16. Check back in the rhipe Prine Portal and you will see the rhipedemo tenant's status as 'Transitioning'. This could take a few moments (up to an hour) to turn to 'Normal' and then you will be able to start provisioning Licences on the end user's tenant.
Contact me using the details below if you have any questions!
By Oaker Min, aka Bruce, CSP Strategy & Enablement Specialist, rhipe SEA