Enhance security and compliance without having to upgrade to E5
Microsoft announced two new Microsoft 365 security and compliance offerings in January that will be available for purchase in CSP and EA on February 1, 2019. The two new offerings are:
1.Identity & Threat Protection—This new package brings together security value across Office 365, Windows 10, and EMS in a single offering.
This package includes best of breed for advanced threat protection services including
- Microsoft Threat Protection (Azure Advanced Threat Protection (ATP))
- Windows Defender ATP
- Office 365 ATP including Threat Intelligence
- Microsoft Cloud App Security and Azure Active Directory
This offer will be available for US$12/AU$16.60/NZ$18.10 per user per month in CSP from February 2019.
2. Information Protection & Compliance —This new package is designed to help compliance and IT teams perform ongoing risk assessments across Microsoft Cloud services, automatically protect and govern sensitive data throughout its lifecycle, and efficiently respond to regulatory requests leveraging intelligence.
This new package includes:
- Office 365 Advanced Compliance
- Azure Information Protection
This offer will be available for US$10/AU$13.70/NZ$15.10 per user per month from February 2019.
What are the benefits to customers?
These changes are designed to simplify security and compliance journey whilst ultimately saving money for customers. Instead of paying the full price of Microsoft 365 E5 or purchasing individual components in the bundled offerings to fulfil their security and compliance needs, existing M365 E3 customers can purchase the bundled offering they need.
The following is the breakdown of what it would have cost for an M365 E3 customer to get all the features in the Identity & Threat Protection bundled add-on:
Other additional licensing changes:
- The value of Threat Intelligence and Office 365 Advanced Threat Protection (ATP) will be consolidated in the new Office 365 ATP Plan 2 offering, while the original Office 365 Advanced Threat Protection (ATP) will be renamed Office 365 ATP Plan 1
- Office 365 Cloud App Security and Microsoft Cloud App Security will be consolidated into a single Microsoft Cloud App Security offering
- MyAnalytics will be added to all Office 365 suites to drive user engagement and simplify the E5 discussion
365The Office 365 Cloud App Security standalone offering will be retired on February 1, 2019. (The value will continue to be included with Office 365 E5. The MyAnalytics standalone offering will be retired soon as it will be available as an add-on to all Microsoft 365 and Office 365 suites.