Microsoft Teams is now a complete meeting and calling solution
Last week, Microsoft announced that the roadmap for bringing Skype for Business Online features and functionality into Teams is completed. I.e. you can now get everything your messaging, meeting and calling need on Skype for Business on Teams.
If you and your customers are not using Teams yet, or not sure how to do so, Microsoft has prepared some resources to help you with the move. This includes:
- Self-serve guidance featuring a proven success framework for upgrading to Teams, including best practices, guidance, and resources for customers who are ready to use Skype for Business and Teams side-by-side or to fully transition to Teams.
- Upgrade tools in the Microsoft Teams & Skype for Business Admin Center that enable customers to migrate users from Skype for Business to Teams. These tools are starting to roll out now and are expected to be available to all Office 365 customers later this calendar year.
Since June there is a free version of Microsoft Teams available for small business owners or large organisation. The free version can be leveraged for up to 300 users and supports 40 different languages that your customers can sign up for free here.
For more details about Skype for Business to Teams, please visit Microsoft’s blog here.
Price adjustments for Microsoft on-premises and cloud products
Microsoft announced that they will be making a series of changes across program and products and continue the execution of their Modern Commerce strategy by introducing programmatic changes across our VL programs that relate specifically to offer pricing and discounting from Oct 1st 2018 onward. The main changes are:
- Change 1: Establishing a single, consistent starting price across all programs aligned to web direct for online services (OLS)
- Implication: More transparent pricing, hence easier for resellers and customers to compare the pricing between programs.
- Change 2: Removing the programmatic volume discounts (Level A and Open Level C) in Enterprise Agreement (EA)/EA Subscription, MPSA, Select/ Select Plus, and Open programs (Open, Open Value, Open Value Subscription)
- Implication: Higher price for EA customers with less than 2,400 users and customers from other programs, making Microsoft CSP pricing more attractive.
- Change 3: Aligning government pricing for on-premises and online services to the lowest commercial price in EA/EAS, MPSA, Select Plus, and Open Programs
- Implication: The adjustment of government pricing took place in CSP last year. This round of government pricing alignment means that CSP pricing is no longer unfavourable compared to other programs.
- Change 4: Office 2019 commercial prices will increase 10 per cent over current on-premises pricing.
- Implication: Instead of maintaining and using Office on-premise, there is no better time to help them save money by moving to Office 365!
More information about the changes can be found here.
New Microsoft Cloud Agreement Customer Confirmation Requirements
As a partner in Microsoft Cloud Solution Provider (CSP) program, a CSP reseller is responsible for reviewing Microsoft’s terms and conditions with customers, including the acceptable use of Microsoft products and services. The Microsoft Cloud Agreement (MCA) protects partners, customers and Microsoft by providing the customer’s use rights, terms, and conditions granted for Microsoft Cloud product and service orders.
Starting November 7th 2018, Microsoft will require all CSP indirect resellers to confirm that their customers have accepted the Microsoft Cloud Agreement terms. All CSP reseller transacting through rhipe will need to enter all customers’ information including first name, last name, email address and signing date. And rhipe will be adding this feature to our PRISM portal for our CSP resellers to provide confirmation of customer acceptance for all CSP customer orders.
You will only be able to make new purchases or edits to a subscription for new or existing customers after you have confirmed acceptance from the customer.
This rhipe Monthly CSP update is brought to you by the rhipe marketing team and our CSP Partner Enablement Specialist JY Wong and Mikki Chopra.
If you have any question, please contact them through email, twitter or LinkedIn below.
Cloud Enablement Specialist