Welcome to the January update on all things CSP from Microsoft and rhipe. We trust you all had a restful holiday break and are looking forward to the year ahead.
At rhipe, our team of CSP experts work hard each month to deliver all the relevant updates from Microsoft in one easy to digest communication. We do the heavy lifting so that you can concentrate on what you do well.
If there is something that you would like covered, please reach out to one of the rhipe CSP team below.
Microsoft CSP Partner Enablement Specialist
Cloud Enablement Specialist
Partner Enablement Specialist
Cloud Enablement Specialist
Bookmark this link:
- (Important) New Microsoft Customer Agreement
- (Important) Accept the Microsoft Partner Agreement prior to January 31, 2020
- Project Plan 1 is now available through Microsoft CSP through rhipe
- Microsoft Teams is now available on Linux platform!
- Windows Server 2008/R2 and Windows Server 2012/R2 end of Support and Office 365 ProPlus
- Advanced Threat Protection campaign views public preview
- (Reminder) Windows 7 Extended Support Available now through rhipe
- New Dynamics 365 products releases in Jan and Feb 2020
- (Reminder) 25% off Dynamics 365 Sales Professional SMB for Your Existing Microsoft Office Customers
- Sign in to Windows virtual machine using AAD (preview)
- SMBs are the most often attacked on earth – here’s how Microsoft helped
(Important) New Microsoft Customer Agreement
What’s new: Microsoft Customer Agreement (MCuA) is now live in rhipe PRISM portal
The Microsoft Customer Agreement (MCuA) is a simplified purchase agreement that provides consistent purchase terms for customers – regardless of the way customers choose to buy, gradually replacing the existing Microsoft Cloud Agreement. This agreement will be the only agreement available after January 31, 2020. You can review MCuA today at http://aka.ms/customeragreement.
rhipe partners can now confirm the acceptance of the MCuA by their customers in rhipe PRISM portal. While the legacy Microsoft Cloud Agreement (MCA) is still valid, this agreement will be phased out and the acceptance of MCuA by customers is required for customers to create new tenants, increase/decrease seats or suspend subscriptions through their CSP resellers after January 31, 2020.
We are excited to announce that later this month you will be able to obtain the MCuA signing URL from PRISM and invite your customers to review and accept the new MCuA in their Microsoft Admin Center. Partner attestation option will continue to remain available in PRISM. You will also be able to determine whether a customer has accepted MCuA. Customers who have already accepted the agreement through Microsoft are not required to re-sign the agreement. The exact date for this feature to be available in PRISM will be advised shortly.
We have created a quick summary deck to help you understand what MCuA is and how you can confirm the acceptance MCuA for your new and existing customers through individual confirmation or bulk update in PRISM, which you can view here.
What you need to do:
- Preview the new Microsoft Customer Agreement and send a copy to your customer for acceptance
- View the quick Microsoft Customer Agreement deck to learn how to Download, send and attest MCuA in PRISM portal
- View rhipe’s MCuA video, blog and FAQ to learn about the timeline, activities and action required from you between now and January 31, 2020
(Important) Accept the Microsoft Partner Agreement (MPA) prior to January 31, 2020
The Microsoft Partner Agreement is a simple, unified, and digitally accepted partner agreement framework that offers concise terms to help partners, customers, and Microsoft comply with regulatory requirements, supporting enhanced privacy, security, compliance, and transparency.
All CSP indirect Resellers are required to accept Microsoft Partner Agreement prior to January 31, 2020 to ensure no disruption of your ability to create new customers or place new orders for existing customers in the CSP program. After that date, partners who have not accepted the Microsoft Partner Agreement will not be able to place new orders and will be limited to managing existing subscriptions only.
What you need to do:
- As enrolling as a CSP indirect reseller is a pre-requisite to signing MPA, please ensure that you have enrolled as a CSP indirect reseller here. Note that having Partner Center access doesn’t mean that you have enrolled as CSP indirect reseller.
- Sign in to Partner Center dashboard page as a Global Admin to download the latest MPA and inform key stakeholders in your organization to review and accept the Microsoft Partner Agreement on Partner Center.
- Sign the Microsoft Partner Agreement as a Global Admin prior to January 31, 2020.
We have also prepared a step-by-step guide to guide your through the Partner Center sign up and MPA signing process. Click on the link here to learn more.
Are also available at Microsoft CSP site: resources gallery page.
Project Plan 1 is now available through Microsoft CSP through rhipe.
You can now purchase Microsoft CSP Project Plan 1 (RRP US$10 / AU$13.70 / NZ$15.10 ) through rhipe.
On October 29, 2019, Microsoft announced the general availability of the new Microsoft Project Plan 1 (coming to CSP soon) and the renaming of Microsoft Project Online Professional and Premium.
Project Plan 1 is a combination of some of the Project Online Professional and Project Online Premium features. Microsoft also is renaming Project Online Professional "Project Plan 3" and Project Online Premium to "Project Plan 5." The new names will be reflected in rhipe CSP pricelist starting November. Both Project Plan 3 and 5 will include the Project Plan 1 capabilities.
More details about the new Project Plan can be found at: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/blog/2019/10/29/new-microsoft-project-rolls-out-worldwide/
Microsoft Teams is now available on Linux platform!
On the 13th of December 2019, Microsoft officially announced the availability of Microsoft Teams on Linux platform, enabling high quality collaboration experiences for the open source community at work and in educational institutions. Users and Admins who patronize open source platforms can get a copy of the native Linux packages here.
How do partners and customers get access to Teams?
- Microsoft Teams for Free version is available for all customers.
- Commercial Microsoft Teams is a version which includes additional management capabilities comprised with Office 365 purchases.
Your customers who have not purchased any Office 365 SKUs that come with Microsoft Teams are also eligible for 6 month extended trials of Microsoft Teams.
Click here to read our September CSP blog find out more!
Windows Server 2008/R2 and Windows Server 2012/R2 end of Support and Office 365 ProPlus
Office 365 ProPlus delivers cloud-connected and always up-to-date versions of the Office desktop apps. To ensure that your customers get the best value and experience from Office 365 ProPlus, Microsoft sent a reminder as to the impact of upcoming changes to Windows support on Office 365 ProPlus:
On October 2019, Microsoft communicated that Windows 7 will go out of support after January 14, 2020, together with Windows Server 2008. Through January 2023, Microsoft will provide security updates for Office 365 ProPlus on Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008. But, during that time, Office 365 ProPlus won’t receive any new feature updates if customers are still running one of these unsupported operating systems
IMPORTANT: Even with Windows 7 ESU, Office 365 ProPlus won't be supported in the said operating system after January 14, 2020.
For Windows Server 2012/R2, Microsoft previously announced and stated in an article, that Office 365 ProPlus will no longer be supported on Windows Server 2012 and 2012 R2. While Microsoft will not take any measures to block users with this configuration from connecting to Office 365 services, Office 365 ProPlus on Windows Server 2012/R2 will not be a supported configuration. While Microsoft does not anticipate any change to Office 365 ProPlus compatibility with Windows Server 2012/R2, customers may experience changes to performance or reliability issues. Microsoft Support will continue to accept calls from customers, however we may not be able to resolve issues that arise if those issues are determined to be unique to this configuration.
For customers on Windows 7, rhipe recommends the upgrade to Windows 10 or a supported operating system before the end of support date on January 14, 2020 to continue receiving new feature updates to Office 365 ProPlus.
For customers on Windows Server 2008/R2 and Windows Server 2012/R2, Microsoft and rhipe recommends migrating the applications to Azure. For those customers who need to stay on-premises, Microsoft recommends moving to Windows Server 2019.
Advanced Threat Protection campaign views public preview
Office 365 Advanced Threat Protection (ATP) campaign views is a new Office 365 feature. Microsoft had begun to roll this feature out as a public preview since December 10, 2019.
The preview feature will be available for Office365 ATP P2 (and E5) customers. In Security and Compliance Portal, existing Threat Intelligence -> Explore views for Phish and All email will include a Top Campaigns tab. The feature is new addition and a much better way to look at the big picture of attacks and distil their important aspects (timeline, targets, filtering and configurations verdicts, who clicked on what phish link and when).
Go to Explorer, Phish View:
(Reminder) Windows 7 Extended Support Available now through rhipe
Support for Windows 7 ends on January 14, 2020. While many customers are well on their way to deploying Windows 10, Microsoft understands that everyone is at a different point in the upgrade process.
Windows 7 Extended is now available through rhipe CSP. The Windows 7 ESU will be sold on a per-device basis and the price will increase each year.
The Windows 7 Extended support SKU will not be available for purchase directly through PRISM. Reach out to your rhipe account manager for Server subscription ordering form for the purchase of the SKU.
Details about the price of the SKU per device per year.
|Windows 7 Extended Security Updates 2020||Partner-Commercial||USD||61|
|Windows 7 Extended Security Updates 2020||Partner-Commercial||AUD||88|
|Windows 7 Extended Security Updates 2020||Partner-Commercial||JPY||7,259|
|Windows 7 Extended Security Updates 2020||Partner-Commercial||KRW||65,880|
|Windows 7 Extended Security Updates 2020||Partner-Commercial||NZD||105|
More resources about Windows 7 Extended Support can be found below:
- FAQ page from Microsoft: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4527873/itpro-faq-about-end-of-support-for-windows-7
- Support page: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/deployoffice/windows-7-support
New Dynamics 365 products releases in Jan and Feb 2020
Microsoft has released additional Dynamics 365 products on January 2, 2020, with more products will scheduled to be released on February 1, 2020.
New products that are released on January 2, 2020 include:
- Dynamics 365 Virtual Agent for Customer Service
- Student offers for existing PowerApps per-app plan
On February 1, 2020, the following new and updated offers for Biz Apps and Power Platform will be released:
Human Resources new offers
- Dynamics 365 HR users can purchase Dynamics 365 Unified Ops Additional DB/File Capacity USL offers
- Dynamics 365 HR Self-Serve offers
- Dynamics 365 Human Resources (user, tenant)
loT Intelligence for Supply Chain Management new offers
- IoT Intelligence Scenario (tenant level)—includes entitlement up to six scenarios and ten machines (prerequisite is Supply Chain/Unified Ops Management user base or attach SKU)
- IoT Intelligence Additional Machine (tenant level)—add-on to the IoT Intelligence Scenario (the prerequisite of this offer) which provides licensing for 10 additional machines
eCommerce name change
- Dynamics 365 Retail offers will be changed to Dynamics 365 Commerce.
The following offers will no longer be available for Dynamics 365 Human Resources:
- Dynamics 365 Talent, Dynamics 365 for Talent from SA, Attract, Onboard, and Comprehensive Hiring offers
Pending SKU information
Microsoft will also change the names of some product families and offers to align the naming for existing Dynamics 365 and Power Platform offers to that used in other channels and regions.
Please see the specific changes in the file "Dynamics CSP Offer Name Changes – Feb 2020" here.
For additional questions, please refer to the Microsoft 365 licensing guide. If you have any questions strictly relating to your operations with Microsoft, please reach out to Support at: https://partner.microsoft.com/en-us/pcv/servicerequests/create
(Reminder) 25% off Dynamics 365 Sales Professional SMB for Your Existing Microsoft Office Customers
To help more customers adopt Dynamics 365, Microsoft has launched a new Dynamics 365 Sales Professional SMB offer promotion. From now until June 30, 2020, your SMB customers in Australia, New Zealand and Singapore can purchase D365 Sales Professional at a discount of 25% off and enjoy the special price for up to 3 years!
- CSP-only offer, available for customers in Australia, New Zealand and Singapore
- New Microsoft Dynamics 365 Sales Professional customers only.
- Existing Microsoft Office SMB customers
- Minimum 10 customer seats up to a maximum 75 seats purchase required to qualify for customers that own Microsoft Office.
- Valid November 1, 2019 to June 30, 2020
- The discounted offer SKU will be discontinued either when the qualifying licenses expire or after two annual terms. At that point, customers will need to buy a relevant offering that fits their business needs at the regular price.
- Offer SKU Name: Dynamics 365 for Sales Professional (SMB Offer)
- Offer SKU ID: 0ACF8D18-7B68-483C-ABBA-411736E6F0DC
- SKU MRP: USD 48.50 / AUD 66.60 / NZD 73.30
More details about the promo terms and conditions can be found at: https://www.rhipe.com/dynamics-365-sales-professional-smb-offer-is-now-available-through-rhipe-25-off/
Sign in to Windows virtual machine using AAD (preview)
Azure AD is the core of Microsoft identity and access management and now Azure AD can seamlessly authenticate against windows server 2019 or windows 10 1809. This eliminates the overhead of managing the local accounts.
From a security perspective, this makes sense as advanced controls such as MFA and user sign-in risk can be easily incorporated.
For more details around the prerequisites to enable AAD to sign in for windows machines currently in preview, please click the link: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/devices/howto-vm-sign-in-azure-ad-windows.
SMBs are the most often attacked on earth – here’s how Microsoft helped
According to Microsoft research, last year, 55 percent of SMBs weathered cyberattacks, and 52 percent of these breaches were caused by human error. In a quarter of these cases, sensitive customer data was breached.
Find out how you can use what you already own with Office 365 and Windows 10 to improve your security at no extra cost. please click the link to find more: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/blog/2019/12/11/businesses-most-attacked-on-earth-heres-how-we-helped/
Thank you for taking the time to digest this update.
The CSP team at rhipe