New Microsoft 365 Security and Compliance offerings
Microsoft announced two new Microsoft 365 security and compliance offerings in January that will be available for purchase in CSP and EA on February 1, 2019. The two new offerings are:
- Identity & Threat Protection—This new package brings together security value across Office 365, Windows 10, and EMS in a single offering.This package includes best of breed for advanced threat protection services including
- Microsoft Threat Protection (Azure Advanced Threat Protection (ATP))
- Windows Defender ATP
- Office 365 ATP including Threat Intelligence
- Microsoft Cloud App Security and Azure Active Directory
This offer will be available for US$12/AU$16.50/NZ$18.10 per user per month in CSP from February 2019.
- Information Protection & Compliance —This new package is designed to help compliance and IT teams perform ongoing risk assessments across Microsoft Cloud services, automatically protect and govern sensitive data throughout its lifecycle, and efficiently respond to regulatory requests leveraging intelligence.This new package includes:
- Office 365 Advanced Compliance
- Azure Information Protection
This offer will be available for US$10/AU$13.70/NZ$15.10 per user per month from February 2019.
For more information about the security and compliance offering, or visit the following resources:
- rhipe’s Microsoft 365 Security and Compliance offerings blog
- Introducing new advanced security and compliance offerings for Microsoft 365 blog
- M365 E5 licensing update webinar (Available on-demand)
O365 ATP consolidated with Threat Intelligence in the new Office 365 ATP Plan 2 offering
Office 365 Advanced Threat Protection (ATP) helps to protect organizations from malicious attacks by scanning email attachments for malware, removing unsafe (URLs) in email messages and Office documents, blocking malicious files in online libraries and prevent phishing attacks attempts that impersonate your users and your organization's custom domains with ATP anti-phishing capabilities in Office 365.
Microsoft has updated the Office 365 Advanced Threat Protection offerings. From February 2019:
- Office 365 ATP Plan 1 – The current Office 365 Advanced Threat Protection offering will be renamed as Office 365 ATP Plan 1.
- Office 365 ATP Plan 2 – Features of Office 365 Advanced Threat Protection will be consolidated with Office 365 Threat Intelligence offering to form Office 365 ATP Plan 2. The cost of Office 365 ATP Plan 2 will also be reduced from US$8 to US$5/AU$6.90/NZ$7.60.
My Analytics is now more broadly available for O365 plans
My analytics now available to everyone using Office 365 and Microsoft 365 Enterprise and Business suites. Previously, MyAnalytics was only available with an Enterprise E5 plan or as an add-on to E1 and E3 plans.
My analytics is the fitness tracker of an organization that provides individual users personal dashboard to help them understand how much time they spend in meetings and email. It also shows the number of uninterrupted hours users spend focusing on key tasks, which colleagues they spend the most time working with, and how much time they work outside business hours.
For more information about MyAnalytics, please refer to the resources below.
Retirement of Office 365 Cloud App Security Standalone Offering
The Office 365 Cloud App Security standalone offering will be retired on February 1, 2019. The features will continue to be included with Office 365 E5.
The features of Office 365 Cloud App Security will be consolidated with Microsoft Cloud App Security, and the new consolidated SKU will be renamed as Microsoft 365 Cloud App Security.
Customers who wish to get Cloud App Security features can choose to purchase 1 of the SKUs below:
- Purchase Office 365 Enterprise E5
- Purchase EMS E5, which includes Microsoft 365 Cloud App Security
- Purchase Microsoft 365 E3 + Identity & Threat Protection Add-on
- Purchase Microsoft 365 E5
(Reminder) Skype for Business to Microsoft Teams: Automated Upgrade Dashboard for Partners
In Microsoft’s ongoing efforts to support the transition from Skype for Business Online to Teams, Microsoft has made the upgrade status available on My Insights. Partner will be able to view each tenant upgrade status with whom they are associated (via DPOR, DAP, CSP, FastTrack Ready): If a customer’s tenant is eligible for an upgrade, the date their upgrade is scheduled, and the date their upgrade has been completed (if applicable). Eligibility is met based upon features to which users have access.
Partners can check the automated upgrade tenant information at My Insights dashboard by taking the following steps:
1. Log in to your MPN account at https://partner.microsoft.com
2. Under the Membership menu, select Your Accounts and Reports
3. Select My Insights to view the dashboard
4. In your My Insights dashboard, select the Cloud Product Performance tab
5. Select Office 365, and at the bottom of the page, partners can find tenant information regarding upgrade eligibility, status, the date scheduled for the upgrade, and actual upgrade date. The information can be exported to Excel
Empowering the workplace with Modern desktop and M365
The year 2019 has brought few changes with Microsoft recently announcing the end of life for Windows 7 followed closely by office 2010, and while we would miss Windows 7, it’s a new beginning for moving on to something better, which is shifting to modern desktop with Microsoft 365.
Most of the users in the corporate realm have already adopted Windows 10 and its time for others to adopt the power of modern desktop management. Please check out this link for a Microsoft 365 Modern Desktop ROI Estimator , which can help to determine the economic impact of moving to modern desktop with M365.
Want to learn more. Please check out this detailed blog (link in the end) which addresses the scenarios such as app compatibility with desktop app assurance, office 365 proplus deployment with office customisation tool and co-management of the device with configuration manager and Intune
This rhipe Monthly CSP update is brought to you by the rhipe marketing team and our CSP Partner Enablement Specialist JY Wong and Mikki Chopra.
If you have any questions, please contact them through email, twitter or LinkedIn below.