As a partner in Microsoft Cloud Solution Provider (CSP) program, you are responsible for reviewing the Microsoft Cloud Agreement (MCA) with customers, which governs the acceptable use of Microsoft products and services. The Microsoft Cloud Agreement protects partners, customers and Microsoft by providing the customer’s use rights, terms, and conditions granted for Microsoft Cloud product and service orders.
From November 7th 2018 onwards, it will be a mandatory requirement from Microsoft for all CSP Partners to confirm that their customers have accepted the Microsoft Cloud Agreement terms. rhipe will be adding this feature to our PRISM portal for our CSP resellers to fulfil this requirement for or all their CSP customer orders. However, even with Prism functionality in place partners will still be required to confirm that all their customers have accepted MCA by 7 November 2018. Failure to do so may impact the ability to alter subscription details.
You will only be able to make new purchases or edits to a subscription for new or existing customers after you have confirmed acceptance from the customer. Also, you only need to confirm the customer acceptance once for each customer through PRISM portal. You will not need to confirm the acceptance through Microsoft Partner Center.
rhipe is working on the integration for partners to be able to do the customer acceptance in PRISM, from November 2018 onwards.
- Review the FAQ through the link above.
- Ensure that all your customers have signed the Microsoft Cloud Agreement
- Keep a record of all your CSP customers’ MCA signer information including first name, last name, email address, date of signing and phone number.
- Be ready to enter the signer information of your customers through PRISM portal and meet this new Microsoft requirement from November 2018 onwards.
- If you are a rhipe reseller with API integration with rhipe, be prepared to update your API to be able to meet this new MCA customer acceptance confirmation requirement.