SPLA Key Benefits:
- No upfront costs for software
- Pay monthly only for what you use
- Licensing per user, per core or per processor
- Global reach with services delivered around the world
- Latest versions of demos, tests and evaluations
Database Hosting directly benefits the following end customer types:
- Customers experiencing ongoing application and website performance issues.
- Customers experiencing capability limitations due to increasing data storage and management requirements.
- Customers experiencing looking for ways to decrease their data management total cost of ownership (TCO). Bring your business to scale while trusting that your security, performance, and availability needs are covered—with an industry-leading total cost of ownership.
Top Reasons For SQL Server
|Faster insights from any data|
|Platform for hybrid cloud|
|Improved security and compliance|
|Platform for modern applications|
|Accelerate the move to cloud|
|For Service Providers|
|Differentiated services for mission-critical workloads|
|Deliver insight with Big Data and BI as a Service|
|Expand services to hybrid cloud|
|Reduce infrastructure and admin costs|
|Add more performance on the same hardware investments|
- SQL Server Hosted – Modernize applications and move mission-critical and data-intensive workloads to a hosted environment to gain scale and performance.
- Database as a Service – Create and manage a database without having to build and manage the underlying infrastructure.
- High Availability – Protect your critical business data from unplanned disasters with a solution based on the SQL Server AlwaysOn feature
- Value Added Business Intelligence – Your Service Provider can build custom BI offers on top of SQL
Database Hosting gives customers the ability to modernize their applications and move mission-critical and data-intensive workloads to the Cloud in either a shared or dedicated environment with SQL Server. Customers are still able to maintain control and management of their infrastructure without having to actually deal with the ongoing maintenance of the hardware and software.
With the recent launch of SQL Server 2017, the first database with AI built-in, you can now run your production workloads on Linux, Windows, and Docker. SQL Server 2017 delivers a mission-critical database with everything built-in, on the platform of your choice.
Why do you need the SPLA program?
The Microsoft Services Provider License Agreement (SPLA) will benefit your business if your company provides one of the following:
- Hosts websites using Microsoft software for other organizations
- Rents out PCs, servers or laptops with Microsoft software installed on them
- Delivers managed services utilising Microsoft software on customer servers on customer premises
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM and Microsoft Dynamics ERP
- allows other organizations to use any of your applications that are built on Microsoft software such as Windows Server or SQL Server
- Provides services to customers that make available, display, run, access, or otherwise interact, directly or indirectly, with Microsoft licensed Products.
rhipe will help you by:
- Facilitating the formal agreements between you and Microsoft
- Providing you with ongoing licensing scenario advice
- Helping you network with other service providers to explore opportunities to deliver joint offerings
- Escalating complex issues to Microsoft on your behalf
- Collect your monthly usage reports and submit them to Microsoft