You might have heard news of the ransomware attack last week named WannaCrypt, WannaCry, WannaCryptor, or Wcry, that affected millions of users in more than 100,000 organisations, across 150 countries around the world – and counting. As one of the largest ransomware offensives in history, this attack highlights the critical need for businesses to protect against future attacks.
The below information has been specifically compiled for our partners to:
- Provide you with information to assist customers with any questions related to the issue
- Highlight solutions you can deploy now to protect your own business, and
- Share with you key vendor solutions to leverage today, to keep your customers data and services safe and secure in future.
Should you have any more questions around the attack or the recommended solutions featured below please reach out to your rhipe Account Manager or details on the contact us page.
In this Blog Article:
- Microsoft: Immediate Recommendations Regarding the Attack
- Acronis: Protect your Data with a Cloud Backup Strategy
- Veeam: Ransomware Defense and Survival
- Trend Micro: Mitigate Your Risk by Using a Multi-Layer Approach
- VMware: Beef up your Infrastructure with NSX
- Microsoft: Advanced Threat Protection for O365
Immediate Recommendations by Microsoft
- Please make sure to read this blog Customer Guidance for WannaCrypt attacks where Microsoft is posting information and resources in one place, to help customers respond to this latest threat.
- Keep systems up-to-date. Specifically, for this ransomware attack, ensure Microsoft Security Bulletin MS17-010 Security Update for Microsoft Windows SMB Server is installed. Customers that have automatic updates enabled or have deployed this update are already protected from the vulnerability these attacks are trying to exploit.
- Customers who believe they are affected can contact Customer Service and Support by using any method found here
- Use the following free Microsoft tools to detect and remove this threat:
Protect your Data with a Cloud Backup Strategy
ACRONIS BACKUP CLOUD ACTIVE PROTECTION
A backup service powered by Acronis will stop ransomware attacks and prevent your customers from having to pay to recover stolen files. Acronis Active Protection identifies, stops, and automatically recovers from ransomware infections so that your customers’ data stays safe, even when the front-lines of defense are defeated. By building your services on Acronis Backup Cloud, you ensure your business provides the best solution available for protecting your customers from ransomware. Learn more about Acronis Backup Cloud through rhipe
Explore building out a Backup-as-a-Service offering to your customers with this pre-prepared campaign kit:
Ransomware Defense and Survival with Veeam
Ransomware has become the poster child of cybersecurity threats for businesses of all types and end users alike, as well as the preferred money extortion tool for hackers and cybercriminals. With its impressive ability to evolve and bypass traditional data protection solutions, this is hardly surprising. The potential outcomes of an attack are highly detrimental, including critical data loss, lowered productivity and damaged brand reputation.
Download the Conversational Ransomware Defense and Survival e-book, to learn more about:
- Ransomware milestones, key capabilities and its impact
- The main layers of ransomware protection and preparedness against attacks
- Quick and painless data recovery from backups
- And much more!
This guide is useful to everyone: IT pros, IT decision makers and executives, from small businesses to large enterprises and across all verticals. Consider building a campaign around this asset to your customers via Veeam’s Free Marketing tool MarketReach if you are an existing VCSP ProPartner.
Mitigate Your Risk by Using a Multi-Layered Approach
LEARN MORE ABOUT TREND MICRO DEEP SECURITY
WannaCry highlights the real-life impact of ransomware: crippled systems, disrupted operations, marred reputations, and the financial losses resulting from being unable to perform normal business functions—not to mention the cost of incident response and clean up.
Trend Micro Deep Security actively defended thousands of users against WannaCry but detecting and preventing the ransomware running. This webinar provides solutions and best practices your organisation can adopt and implement to safe your systems from threats like WannaCry.
Beef Up You Infrastructure
RETHINK YOUR DEFENSES WITH VMWARE
One foundational aspect of increasing cybersecurity hygiene in an organisation to help mitigate such attacks from proliferating is enabling a least privilege (zero trust) model by embedding security directly into the data center network. The core concept of zero trust is to only allow for necessary communication between systems using a stateful firewall, assuming all network traffic is untrusted. This dramatically reduces the attack surface area.
VMware NSX micro-segmentation provides this intrinsic level of security to effectively compartmentalize the data center to contain the lateral spread of ransomware attacks such as WannaCry.
Read this blog to understand how NSX can help:
- Contain the spread of the malware such as WannaCry
- Provide visibility into on-going attacks
- Identify systems that are still infected
- Mitigate future risk through a micro-segmentation approach
Sign up to join VMware at the Transform Security Conference on June 15th in Melbourne.
Microsoft Office 365 with Advanced Threat Protection
Protect your email in real time against unknown and sophisticated attacks with O365 Advanced Threat Protection (ATP). Customers with subscriptions to select Exchange or Office 365 plans can add Advanced Threat Protection for $2.80 per user. Talk to your rhipe account manager to learn more. Download the Partner Materials Kit Now