What is the Microsoft Partner Center?
Servicing Office365 and Azure customers can be difficult for partners to manage efficiently and easily on a large scale. The Microsoft Partner Center allows partners like to easily manage their clients’ Office365, Dynamics 365 and other Microsoft Online services without having to store and share administrator credentials. In Partner Center you can also manage membership, customer referrals, incentives, and all other aspects of the Microsoft Cloud Solution Provider (CSP) Program.
In addition to managing your customers O365 tenants within a single sign-on, Microsoft Partner Center also allows you to manage your customers’ Azure environments. In general, Microsoft is adding more features to Partner Center and therefore it is a more recommended tool to use.
This guide assumes that your organisation does not have an Office365 tenant. Otherwise, please see this blog post: https://www.rhipe.com/get-microsoft-partner-center-with-office365
You might be familiar with Microsoft Partner Admin Center (PAC). Microsoft Partner Admin Center will be retired by Microsoft starting March 2018, so it is time to move on to Partner Center.
Pre-requisites before getting Partner Center
- Is an active Microsoft Partner Network (MPN) partner.
- Have the username and password to sign into Microsoft Partner Network site.
- Have your organization’s legal business name, address, primary contact, and support details.
If you are not sure whether you have access to MPN or are associated with your company, you can go try to sign in @ https://partner.microsoft.com/en-au/membership
Getting the Microsoft Partner Center
Enabling Microsoft Partner Center is easy and it can be done in three easy steps.
Step 1 – Go to Microsoft Partner Center and create an Azure AD tenant and admin login
- Go to Microsoft Partner Center Enrolment page.
- Click Next and create a work account and Azure AD tenant. If you are not sure whether your company already has a work account or Azure AD tenant, please check by following the instructions here.
- Enter your company and Partner Center Admin details. Please ensure that the MPN is located in the same country/region as your Azure AD tenant.
Step 2 – MPN ID Association
- Sign into MPN using your Windows Live ID (personal) as prompted to associate your MPN with the Microsoft Partner Center
- Select the MPN company entity that you want to associate with Partner Center
Step 3 - Enrollment
- Enter your organization details and primary contact and support contact details for Partner Center. (Note that the email address of both contacts must be company email addresses. The Partner Center application will be rejected if free email addresses such as Gmail, Yahoo or Outlook mail are used).
- Click “Enroll now” after verifying that all details are correct.
What happens next?
- Once you have completed the enrolment process, Microsoft will take a few working days to verify your details.
- You will receive an email from Microsoft if more details are required.
- You can start using Microsoft Partner Center once your application is approved!